Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas from the Seymours

Christmas morning, Rebekah and I were snuggled in our beds.  I woke up a few times in the morning, but I was so tired from the previous night's activities, that I just drifted off to sleep again.  Mom and Dad had to come upstairs to rouse us from our slumber.  We trundled down the stairs and started a merry Christmas together.  The following pictures are the captured moments of a Seymour Christmas.  


Dad making brunch for us.  He made Rebekah a really good omelet.


My yummy Christmas breakfast.


Rebekah's omelet



I made this "Seymour family" ornament for my family.


I also made this one.  It's for when Ben and I get married.  The tag says, "Russell Family".


I also made this ornament.  It says, "Ben" and "Mere" on little tiles.  



The picture is of Rebekah and I one winter when we lived in Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania.



Some of my gifts.  Rebekah made me the Let It Snow painting.  I especially love the Starbucks mug, the Nikkor lens, and the warm tights. 


My mom handmade these stockings for the five of us.  




Mom really liked the necklace from our Texas relatives.




Uncle Buddy made these for us.  Even the frames!




My dad wrote this sweet tag on my mom's present.  


My mom's favorite Christmas movie is "Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas."  It reminds her of her childhood growing up in West Virginia.  I found this book at a Goodwill and knew that she would love it!  



My dad never, and I mean never, has bookmarks.  He uses tissues, receipts, or whatever else he can find into the books he's constantly reading.  So he loved getting these from Bekah.  


Mom and I love doing puzzles together!  I always look forward every Christmas to putting together puzzles with my mom.  And she loves Jane Wooster Scott, so this was the perfect gift for her!








My mom brought out the nice china and decorations and took a lot of time to decorate the shelves, so I took some pictures of it.  










My mom decorated a mini Christmas tree with mini cookie cutters.  


"Save the Christmas bows!"


I forgot to change the settings before I took this picture.  This is the result. 











My great-grandmother's ornaments.  



We may have watched a Psych Christmas episode....or two.



These are bulbs that my mom used to decorate when she was a child.


I love to peel potatoes!  


But watch out!  It's Crazy Meredith!



Rebekah is crazy for salt and pepper.


Mom worked hard all day to make our delicious meal!



"If this turkey tastes as half as good as looks, then we're all in for a real treat."





Rebekah wanted me to take a picture of her food...


....so I took one of mine too.


Canasta!




We got really into the game.


This was such a great Christmas, and the last one with just my family before I get married.  I got awesome presents, ate some delicious food, watched Christmas movies with my family, and played a rousing game of Canasta.  This was definitely a Christmas to remember! 

Merry Christmas, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment